- An injury due to a fall or an accident affecting the back.
- Herniated or ruptured discs
- Spinal cord cancer
- Sprains and stains
Ways to Treat Low Back Pain
Self-care is important, especially when you are in pain. During the first 72 hours, home treatment should relieve the pain. If it doesn’t, it’s best to call your doctor. Give your body rest from its usual activities and apply ice in the first 48 to 72 to your lower back.
After that, switch to heat. Use these methods alternatively to relax your muscles. Stay on the couch, turn the TV on, tune into the National Geographic channel, put your glasses on, and soak in the virtual Vitamin D.
A warm bath or a massage will also help alleviate back pain.
Lower back pain also occurs due to:
- Spinal cord misalignment
- Pinched nerves
- Muscle strain
The medical treatments include:
- Physical therapy
- Medical appliances
Your physician or doctor will determine which medication you should take and its exact quantity based on your symptoms. These medications may include:
- Muscle relaxants
- Steroids to reduce inflammation
- Codeine for pain relief
Ways to Prevent Low Back Pain
There are several ways and tips to prevent yourself from facing low back pains. Practicing these techniques might also reduce the severity of your symptoms if you are facing a back injury.
The prevention techniques include:
- An exercise that strengthens your back and abdomen muscles.
- Weight loss exercises or diet if you are overweight
- Maintaining appropriate posture
- Lifting things properly by bending at the knees and lifting with your legs
You should also:
- Try to sleep on a sturdy surface.
- Avoid high-soled boots
- Leave behind the smoking habit.
- Sit on chairs that have the correct height and provide support to your back.
Nicotine drug reduces the blood flow and also causes degeneration of the spinal discs. As soon as you experience pain, visit your doctor. Your doctor will undergo all your medical history and may perform some medical experiments to diagnose your condition.
They may also ask you to undergo some tests if they find some serious underlying condition. Overall, they’ll come up with a treatment plan that works in your favor.